Nothing says happy holidays like a gingerbread cookie and a cup of tea. This recipe comes the SIBO Christmas Cookbook by Rebecca Coomes, and is perfect for those following the gluten-free or SIBO diet.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 Oven
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC. Line two baking sheets with baking/parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Sift the bicarbonate/baking soda into the mixture so it doesn’t leave lumps.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and honey, then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then roll into a ball.
- Place baking paper on your work surface. Place the dough on top, then cover with a second piece of paper. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to an even thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out as many shapes as you can. Place the cookies on the sheet. Leave a 2-3cm/1-inch gap between each cookie to allow it to expand during cooking.
- Repeat the process until all dough has been cut into cookies. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
This recipe for Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies is extracted from The SIBO Christmas Cookbook, by Rebecca Coomes, RRP $14.95. E-book available here.