Amid the ongoing cost of living challenges, putting nutritious and satisfying meals on the family table can be a constant challenge. This budget-friendly casserole made with gluten-free sausages and sweet potato, is a delicious dinner-time meal the whole family will enjoy. With each serving priced at approximately $2.73, it is a great way to put wholesome and tasty food on the table without breaking the bank.
We understand that the increasing food costs are making it difficult for people to balance their nutritional needs and expenses. Gluten-free options, in particular, often come with a higher price tag. However, by focusing on naturally gluten-free ingredients such as protein and vegetables, we can sidestep added expenses while still delivering a delicious and nutritious meal every one can eat.
Budget-Friendly Casserole with Sausage and Sweet Potato
- 3 medium white potatoes peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 400 g tin gluten-free diced tomatoes
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 6 gluten-free sausages sliced into bite-sized pieces
- handful coriander leaves roughly chopped, to serve (optional)