Vegetables, coconut milk and a dash of curry powder make this delicious curried vegetable soup suitable for those following a low FODMAP diet.
Low FODMAP Curried Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder ensure gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium parsnip peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 large potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 300 g peeled and roughly chopped Japanese pumpkin
- 1 L low FODMAP vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup UHT coconut milk
- Heat oil, curry powder and turmeric in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, or until tomatoes being to break down. Add remaining vegetables and stir to coat in spices.
- Add stock and water and cover saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a steady simmer. Cook for
- 20 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through. Use a stick blender to purée soup until smooth. Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Divide soup between serving bowls and serve.