This gluten-free lasagne is a great way to get your vegetables in while still enjoying a delicious and comforting dish. By substituting gluten-free lasagne sheets for gluten-free ricotta and spinach agnolotti, you’re ensuring that there will be more vegetables in each bite.
Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne
- 2 x 280g Latina Fresh Gluten-free Ricotta & Spinach Agnolotti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g beef mince
- 250 g pork mince
- 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 2 dessertspoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 250 g gluten-free passata
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups milk
- 400 g grated mozzarella (divided)
- 150 g grated Parmesan (divided)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is soft, but not brown.
- Add beef and pork mince and cook, stirring, until completely brown. Add diced tomatoes, sugar, mixed herbs and passata. Stir to combine, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Cover the base of a large baking dish with Agnolotti, overlapping the edges slightly. Cover with half of the meat sauce. Repeat with remaining Agnolotti and meat sauce.
- For the cheese sauce melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add flour and stir to combine. Return to heat and add half of the water, whisking until smooth. When combined add remaining water and milk. Continue to whisk until sauce begins to thicken. Stir through 350g mozzarella and 100g Parmesan.
- Spread cheese sauce over the top of the baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted.