Our gluten-free chicken and mushroom stir-fry is a recipe the whole family will enjoy. Perfect for busy weeknights it’s on the table in under 30 minutes.
Gluten-Free Chicken and Mushroom Stir-fry
- 3 tablespoons rice-bran oil
- 500 g chicken breast skinless, sliced into strips
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1-2 cm ginger crushed
- 225 g mixed mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce gluten-free
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- ½ cup water
- Rice to serve
- Combine sauces, sugar and stock in a jug.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté. chicken until brown. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil. Add onion and garlic. Fry for a minute, then add mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms begin to soften. Return chicken to the pan.
- Add sauce mixture. Dissolve cornflour in a little of the water to make a paste, add remaining water.
- Add to pan. Bring sauce to the boil and allow to thicken for a minute. Remove from heat.
- Serve gluten-free chicken and mushroom stir-fry with steamed rice.
Photography: Brandee Meier