Our gluten-free chicken and mushroom stir-fry is a recipe the whole family will enjoy. Perfect for busy weeknights it’s on the table in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
3 tablespoons rice-bran oil
500g skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 onion, cut into wedges
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 cm ginger, crushed
225g mixed mushrooms
3 tablespoons gluten-free oyster sauce
2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
2 teaspoons caster sugar
⅓ cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornflour
½ cup water
Rice, to serve
- Combine sauces, sugar and stock in a jug.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté. chicken until brown. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil. Add onion and garlic. Fry for a minute, then add mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms begin to soften. Return chicken to the pan.
- Add sauce mixture. Dissolve cornflour in a little of the water to make a paste, add remaining water. Add to pan. Bring sauce to the boil and allow to thicken for a minute. Remove from heat.
- Serve gluten-free chicken and mushroom stir-fry with steamed rice.
Photography: Brandee Meier