The layers in this No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie by Becky Excell combine to create something really special – both in terms of flavour and texture – nobody will think it was easy to make.
No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
For the base
- 350 g gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150 g butter melted
For the FilLing
- 300 ml double cream
- 300 g gluten-free chocolate I use half dark/bittersweet and half milk, broken into pieces
- 55 g butter
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoons gluten-free icing sugar
- Chocolate for grating
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs in a food processor (or place in a zip-lock bag and bash with a rolling pin), then mix in the cocoa powder until thoroughly combined. Add to a large bowl and pour in your melted butter. Mix well. Press into the base and sides of a 23cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes, or a little longer in the fridge.
- For the filling, heat the cream in a saucepan until just boiling. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and butter. Stir continuously until it’s all melted, combined and creamy. Pour over the chilled base and place back in the fridge until set.
- Finish by whipping the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the icing sugar and spoon it on top of the chocolate layer. Sprinkle some grated chocolate on top to finish.
- You can also add a teaspoon of orange extract or mint extract to the filling mixture. The cream layer is optional – if freezing, only add the cream layer once defrosted.