We were thrilled to include Itsy Bitsy™ Gingerbread Friends, an exciting new product from Orgran, in the April 2018 edition of AGFL THE BOX. These biscuits are safe for school lunch boxes and made with gluten-free and allergy-friendly ingredients. Available in a convenient multi-pack of 6, they’re delicious on their own or make a flavoursome base for sweet pies and tarts.
This recipe for Gingerbread Cheesecake by Inner Pickle highlights just how versatile these biscuits can be. It’s free-from gluten and dairy and vegan friendly.
- 220g Itsy Bitsy™ Gingerbread Friends
- ¼ cup dairy-free margarine, melted
- 400 g silken tofu, drained weight
- 5 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 25 g Itsy Bitsy™ Gingerbread Friends
- 3 figs, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- To make the base: crush the biscuits into a mostly fine crumb. It is more than okay if some chunkier bits remain. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and stir to coat the crumbs.
- Using your hands, press the crumb firmly into the base of a 19cm cheesecake tin, making sure it's evenly spread. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins. Once baked, set aside to cool.
- To make the filling: crumble and blend the tofu with the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust sweetness or vanilla to preference. Pour over the cooled base and carefully place the slices of fig around the edges of the cake. Finish the cake by centring with the extra two Gingerbread friends biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 mins, or until the top is golden. Once baked, let the cheesecake cool for half hour before placing in the fridge to cool completely and set for a further few hours, or until completely set.
- Serve cool as is, with extra fruit or Gingerbread biscuits, or even some dairy-free!
Thanks to Orgran for sharing this gingerbread cheesecake recipe with us. For more gluten-free, vegan and allergy-friendly recipes visit their website.
Want to receive a monthly box of gluten-free goodies? Sign up to AGFL THE BOX here.