Our gluten-free spinach cob loaf is perfect for summer entertaining.
Gluten-Free Spinach Cob Loaf
- 400 g gluten-free white bread mix
- 250 g frozen spinach defrosted
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 cup gluten-free whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free onion powder
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare dough and set aside to proof according to directions on the packet.
- Pre-heat oven to 220˚C and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mould dough into the shape of a cob and bake for 35 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Hallow out the centre of the cob and tear centre into bite-sized pieces for dipping. Lightly toast bread pieces under the grill.
- Spoon spinach mixture into the hole in the cob and serve with crusty bread dippers.
Gluten-free recipe: Cara Boatswain
Spinach and cob loaf photography: Brandee Meier Photography