This gluten-free salmon and potato salad is bursting with fresh flavours. It’s a delicious and nutritious alternative to regular potato salad and can be served as a stand alone main meal or as a side when entertaining.
Salmon Potato Salad
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 120 g bag of baby spinach and rocket
- 400 g can pink or red salmon drained, flaked, skin and bones removed
- 3 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until they are fork tender. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool. When cool, slice into wedges.
- In a separate saucepan boil eggs until yolk is cooked to your liking. Plunge in ice cold water to cool. When cool enough to handle peel and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Season to taste, then set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, place spinach and rocket leaves, salmon, sliced radishes, herbs and cooled potatoes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Arrange egg wedges on the top of salad and serve.