Little hands will enjoy making and devouring this gluten-free ice-cream sandwich.
Prep Time 15 minutes
12 gluten-free biscuits (any flavour you like)
300g gluten-free ice-cream (choose a flavour to match your biscuits)
Gluten-free sprinkles, to decorate
- Remove ice-cream from the freezer and leave for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place cookies on a plate with flat side facing up. Use an ice-cream scoop to place a heaped spoon of ice-cream on half of the cookies. You might need a spatula to spread the ice-cream over the cookie.
- Make a sandwich by topping the ice-cream with one of the remaining cookies. The flat side should touch the ice-cream.
- Pour sprinkles in a bowl and roll the ice-cream through the sprinkles to coat.
- Pop back in the freezer for a few minutes for the ice-cream to harden a little. Then it’s ready to eat!
Gluten-Free Ice-Cream Sandwich: Recipe by Cara Boatswain. Image Brandee Meier
This recipe appeared in Issue 3 of Australian Gluten-Free Life as part of our Kids in the Kitchen recipe feature. For more recipes for children pick up a copy of Issue 3 from our store today.