Prawn and Chicken Pad Thai
Nutritionist and star of the TV cooking show Good Chef, Bad Chef, Zoe Bingley-Pullin share gives popular Prawn and Chicken Pad Thai a healthy makeover!
- 250g brown rice noodles
- 250g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 250g chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Combine the eggs with fish sauce. Place a wok on high heat and add a little coconut oil. Add eggs and lightly scramble, once cooked place in a small bowl. Coat the prawns and chicken in sesame oil, lemon, honey and ground pepper. Add a little more coconut oil to the wok and cook the prawns for approx 4-5 minutes and chicken until cooked.
- In a large bowl full of boiling water, add the brown rice noodles and cook until soft, drain the water and toss in pan with prawns and chicken. In another large bowl mix together chillies, spring onions, coriander, bean sprouts, and noodle mixture.
- Serve with the cashews and coriander sprinkled on top and a wedge of lime.
Brown rice noodles can be food in health food stores and are made from 100% brown rice flour making them a healthy gluten-free alternative to regular wheat noodles.