Indulge in the fanciest of cocktails with your girlfriends or that special someone. What’s better than a little bit of candy to sweeten up your hot date? This strawberry margarita recipe is made with Jelly Belly jelly beans so it’s perfect for vegans and those following a gluten-free diet.
- 125g strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 24 Jelly Belly jelly beans to garnish (Strawberry Cheesecake, Bubble Gum and Cotton
- 125ml tequila
- 2 limes, juiced
- 25ml triple sec
- 1 cup crushed ice
- In a small saucepan place strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened slightly. Cool completely. Blend until smooth.
- Chop Jelly Belly jelly beans very finely and press onto the rim of two glasses.
- In a cocktail shaker, add cooled strawberry syrup, and remaining ingredients. Shake to combine. Pour into glasses to serve.
Thanks to our friends at Jelly Belly Australia for the recipe.