These Easter Smash Eggs look impressive, but they’re easy and fun to make. They’re gluten-free and vegan too!
Easter Smash Eggs
- 8 balloons small
- 290 g gluten-free dark chocolate melts
- Jelly Belly jelly beans to fill Tuitti-Fruitti, Butter Popcorn, Pina Colada, Orange Sherbet, Peach and Lime
- Blow up the balloons to 6-8cm in diameter. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Allow to stand for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Dip balloons into the chocolate 1cm from balloon tie and allow to drain excess. Place onto prepared tray. Set aside for 20 minutes to set. The chocolate will come away from the sides of the balloon when the chocolate is set.
- Fill chocolate egg with assorted Jelly Belly jelly beans through small hole at base.
- Smash and serve.
Thanks to our friends at Jelly Belly for this clever recipe. Find out more about the Jelly Belly story and confectionary here.