This recipe for gluten-free scallops with lime and coriander looks impressive but is easy to prepare and is perfect for finger food events or as a summer starter.
Gluten-Free Scallops with Lime and Coriander
- 12 scallops in shell, roe removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Handful coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- Combine garlic, coriander, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, zest and sugar in a large bowl. Remove scallops from shell and leave for an hour to marinate.
- Place a small saucepan on a hot place and cook each scallop for 2-3 minutes. Baste with remaining dressing. Turn and cook the opposite side for another 2 minutes.
- Return scallops to shell. Position on a platter of rock salt and serve immediately with extra dipping sauce and slices of lime.
Gluten-Free Scallops with Lime and Coriander: Image by Brandee Meier