This recipe for Tex Mex Fish With Crispy Potato Slices is perfect for anyone looking to spice up their weeknight dinners with the minimum of fuss. A quick and easy dinner featuring simple ingredients and spices that you likely already have in your pantry.
Tex Mex Fish With Crispy Potato Slices
- 500 g potatoes peeled
- cooking spray
- 4 x 150g boneless white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- coriander leaves to garnish
- lime wedges
- Cut potatoes into thin slices; rinse under cold water, then pat dry on paper towel.
- Heat a heavy-based baking dish in the oven at 220°C for about 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, spray evenly with cooking spray. Add potato slices in a single layer; bake at 220°C for 10 minutes.
- Turn potato slices in the dish and return to oven for a further 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked, brush the fish fillets with lime juice, then sprinkle both sides with the combined paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper.
- Heat oil on a barbecue plate or in a large frying pan; add fish. Cook over medium heat for 5–7 minutes, until tender, turning once during cooking.
- Serve garnished with coriander, with the crispy potato slices, lime wedges and your choice of greens.