Almonds and plums go nicely together in this gluten-free plum crumble, but you could substitute hazelnuts and blueberries, or walnuts and apples.
Gluten-Free Plum Crumble
- 1 kg tart plums
- 50 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sweet white wine
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 100 g gluten-free plain flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 85 g brown sugar
- a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150 g cold unsalted butter cut into 1cm cubes
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Halve and stone the plums and place in a bowl. Toss with the sugar, flour and wine and put into a deep 23–25cm square baking dish.
- Put all the crumble topping ingredients into a bowl and use the back of a fork or two knives to break up the chunks of butter into tiny pieces.
- Scatter the topping lightly over the fruit and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden.