This gluten-free four-ingredient citrus slice from Dr Megan Rossi is perfect for those days when a piece of fruit won’t cut it, but you’re short on time for baking.
Four-Ingredient Citrus Slice
- 200 g cashew nuts
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- 150 g dried apricots
- juice of 1 large orange approx. 80ml, plus zest to taste
- Line the base and sides of an 18cm square brownie tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the cashew nuts in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds until ground. Add the coconut and apricots and pulse until the apricots are finely chopped. Add the orange juice, and blitz again until the mix forms a ball,this usually takes 1 minute or so. Taste, and add zest to preference.
- Firmly press the mixture into the brownie tin with the back of a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm enough to cut. Slice into 25 squares. Too impatient? Pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting with a sharp knife.