Power up your morning with this protein-packed tortilla with salsa from the CSIRO.
Tortilla with Salsa
- 600 g baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup 125ml evaporated skim milk
- 80 g cheddar crumbled
- 200 g low-fat natural Greek-style yoghurt
- basil leaves to serve (optional)
- 2 spring onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup basil leaves
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12–15 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool slightly before cutting in half.
- Heat the olive oil in a 22cm flameproof non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the potato and cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- While the potato is cooking, whisk together the eggs and milk in a jug. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low. Pour the egg mixture over the potato and onion and cook, gently stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the cheddar and cook, untouched, for 8–10 minutes or until the egg has set firmly in the centre.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven grill to high.
- Transfer the pan to the grill and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the top is set and golden. Remove and leave to rest for 5 minutes before turning out and slicing.
- Serve the tortilla warm topped with yoghurt, salsa and a sprinkling of basil leaves, if desired.