Free from dairy, gluten and low in FODMAPS – our low FODMAP satay chicken is a dinner recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Low FODMAP Satay Chicken
- 400 g can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free curry powder
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free red curry paste low FODMAP if required
- ¾ cup gluten-free peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 500 g skinless chicken breast sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Steamed rice to serve
- Place all ingredients except for chicken and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until combined then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
- Remove half of the sauce mixture from the saucepan and pour it into large bowl. Add chicken and stir until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Return peanut sauce to the heat. Add water until your desired thickness is achieved. Depending on how ‘saucy’ you’d like your dish you may have more sauce than required. Set aside extra and freeze for use at a later date. Then add sautéed chicken. Stir until well coated in sauce. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.