Spice up your mealtime with our low-carb spicy chicken wraps. These wraps are packed with flavour and will leave you feeling satisfied without weighing you down. With only 10g of carbohydrates in a serve, they’re great for diabetics too.
Spicy Chicken Wraps
- 500 g chicken mince
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons gluten-free chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves washed, dried and trimmed
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 1 small carrot sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 3 shallots green tips only, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken mince and use a wooden spoon to break up the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In a bowl combine sauces, sugar and vinegar. Pour over chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place spoonfuls of chicken into the centre of each lettuce leaf, top with sliced vegetables and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.