Crush, mix, shape and bake. Our Choc-Full-Of-Cereal Biscuits couldn’t be easier to make. A great way to encourage little chefs in the kitchen.
Choc-Full-Of Cereal Biscuits: Recipe by Cara Boatswain, Photography by Brandee Meier.
- 170g dairy-free margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free cocoa powder
- 2 cups crushed gluten-free weet-bix
- ¾ cup soft gluten-free icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- Gluten-free chocolate sprinkles, to serve (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar, then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place heaped teaspoons of mixture onto prepared trays and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on
- To prepare icing, place icing sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Add coconut milk and stir until thick and creamy. Spoon teaspoons of mixture over the cooled biscuits and top with sprinkles if desired. Allow icing to set before serving.
The recipe for our Choc-Full-Of-Cereal biscuits first appeared in Issue 17 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine. For more gluten-free biscuit and recipe ideas pick up a copy today.