Our gluten-free chai spiced banana bread is the perfect make-ahead treat for a delicious brunch or afternoon tea. We recommend serving the banana bread with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and fresh raspberries.
Chai Spiced Banana Bread (Dairy-Free)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free chai spice blend
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas from 2-3 bananas
- 1/3 cup dairy-free margarine
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut yoghurt plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- raspberries to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, chai blend and coconut in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, dairy-free margarine, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Enjoy hot, cold or toasted. It’s delicious with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and fresh raspberries.