These delicious dairy-free white chocolate and strawberry blondies have a moist and chewy texture and the perfect blend of sweet and tangy flavours.
Made with dairy-free white chocolate and dried strawberries, these blondies are a delicious twist on the classic chocolate brownie. With just a handful of simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, they’re a snap to make, even for novice gluten-free bakers.
Dairy-Free White Chocolate And Strawberry Blondies
- 3/4 cup dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1½ cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup gluten-free plain flour
- 2 tbsp gluten-free baking powder pinch salt
- ½ cup dried strawberries
- 170 g gluten-free dairy-free white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free icing sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- dried strawberries, to decorate (optional)
- crushed nuts, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a brownie pan with baking paper.
- Combine melted margarine and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs, 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir through vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Pour into butter mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool prepare icing. Beat icing sugar and hot water in a bowl until smooth. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with dried strawberries and nuts (if using). When icing has set slice into squares and serve.