Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Seed Crackers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1½ teaspoons gluten-free yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground chilli optional
- 400 g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 500 ml gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- pepper to taste
- SEEDED CRACKERS
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons linseed
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or spice/dried herb of choice
- ¾ cup water
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and celery. Sauté for 3 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add spices and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add sweet potato and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare seeded crackers. Place all ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine, then set aside for 15 minutes for the seeds to soak up the water.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread seed mixture over the baking tray and press out until 3mm thick. Back or 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on tray, then break into pieces.
- Remove soup from heat and stir through yoghurt. Use a stick blender to puree. Divide soup between 4 serving bowls, top with seeded crackers and serve.