Impress your guests with these jalapeños poppers, they won’t even know they’re gluten-free!
- 12 fresh jalapeños
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- Handful coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Cut slit along the side of each jalapeño and carefully remove seeds and veins.
- Combine cheese and coriander with 1 egg. Stir to combine and spoon mixture into the jalapeños.
- Place remaining eggs in a bowl and beat to combine. Pour breadcrumbs into another bowl to create a crumbing station. Dip each jalapeño in egg mix, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Carefully fry the jalapeños in oil for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel before serving.
The recipe for Gluten-Free Jalapeño Poppers first appeared in Issue 11 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine. Pick up a copy today for more gluten-free entertaining ideas.