Gluten-Free Fish Balls
Ready in just 15 minutes our gluten-free fish balls are sure to become a family favourite.
- 200g firm white fish fillets
- 150g green prawns, peeled
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- Pinch of pepper
- Rice bran oil for shallow frying
- Gluten-free Vietnamese dipping sauce, to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients except oil in food processor. Pulse until chopped and combined.
- Roll teaspoons of fish mixture into balls.
- Heat 2-3 cm oil place in a frying pan, add fish balls and shallow fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper. Serve with dipping sauce if desired.
This recipe for gluten-free fish balls first appeared in Issue 12 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine. For more yum cha inspired gluten-free recipes pick up a copy today.
Gluten-Free Fish Balls – Recipe by Sandra Basic and Photography by Brandee Meier